Mrs. M. Avila Mrs. K.Gonzalez
Developmental guidance and counseling programs are vital to the achievement of excellence in education for all students. The counseling program at Romulo D. Martinez Elementary is an integral part of the school’s commitment to student success. It is designed to develop each student’s:
• Personal, and
• Social Abilities
We offer a variety of counseling services, as outlined by the Texas Developmental Guidance and Counseling Program Model, which include:
• Individual Counseling- Can be done at the request of a student, parent or teacher. Referral forms can be found outside the guidance room (118) or with students homeroom teacher.
• Small Group Counseling- Students will grouped on needs in order to interact with one another, reflect and evaluate who they are by practicing new behaviors in safe and non-threatening environment.
• Classroom Guidance Lessons- Students will be offered classes every other week. Topics may include Social Skills, Friendships, Bullying, Study Skills, Conflict Resolution, and many other.
• Interactions with Student’s Teacher(s)
• Interactions with Student’s Parents
• Referral to Outside Agencies as Needed
Our program is child-centered with a primary focus on the effective needs of children. We welcome students, teachers and parents to become active participants in this effort to help develop each student’s full educational potential.